Associate/Landscape Architect - Full Time Position
G. Brown Design is an award-winning landscape architectural, site design, and recreation planning firm located in Salt Lake City. GBD’s diverse projects includes parks and open space, sports fields, cemeteries, institutional, commercial, and high end residential projects.
Please visit our website at www.gbrowndesign.com.
G. Brown Design is seeking a creative team player who is looking for an opportunity to grow and has strong design interests in site design, planting design, construction documentation, strong technical skills, and efficient communication skills. Our designers are expected to become involved with the complete design process, from conceptual sketches through
construction period services. The individual should be dependable, detail oriented, energetic, and self-motivated.
- 2-3 years’ experience (actual skills & abilities are more important than years of experience)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Licensed Landscape Architect preferred
- Manage smaller projects
- Perform planting design, irrigation design, grading, layout plans
- Assist with assembly of specifications
- Assist with production of construction document packages.
- Effectively communicate design ideas to clients
- Assist with production and development of Proposals, Master Plans, & Programming Documents
- Assist with Construction Period Services (i.e. participate in meetings, record meeting minutes, assist with submittal review, & RFI & ASI response, etc.)
Successful Candidates should possess the following:
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter.
- Strong communication skills in writing and be very detail oriented.
- Strong presentation and graphic skills
- Problem solving skills
- Clear understanding of different phases of design (schematic design through to construction)
- AutoCAD proficiency, with LandFX and SketchUp preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign as well as hand graphics and drafting skills are necessary.
- Experience in construction documentation (Construction detailing, layout plans, grading, planting & irrigation plans)
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications.
GBD offers competitive salaries and benefits which includes paid vacation/holidays & sick leave; 100% paid health insurance for employee and family; and a flexible work schedule.
Interested applicants please send resume and portfolio information to: