Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
DHM Design Corporation has an opening in our Bozeman, Montana office for an entry level (0-3 years of experience) Landscape Architect/Designer. We are searching for a well-rounded person with a mix of technical and graphic skills interested in being part of a new and growing office. Please submit the following: Single PDF under 10 MB with cover letter, resume & work samples to email@example.com and please note Bozeman Position in the subject line. No phone calls please.
DHM Design is an employee-owned planning and landscape architecture firm that provides a range of services, including landscape architecture, land planning, graphic design and environmental planning to clients nationwide. With a comprehensive ecological services division, we approach each new project with a grounded, site-based, and locally-focused perspective. Our own philosophy of stewardship will complement the ecologically based design ethic already established in the region.
DHM has 4 offices located in Denver, Carbondale, Durango, and Bozeman. Our experience embraces a diverse portfolio of planning and design projects:
- National Park Service
- Resorts and Communities
- Historic and Civic Facilities
- Parks, Open Space, and Greenways
- Mixed-use Developments
- Urban Transportation Systems
- Private Estates
- Rural Properties
The ideal candidate will have a degree in landscape architecture with 0-3 years of proven work
experience. He or she should be able to work independently and participate in all aspects of the design process in a small hands-on environment.
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0-3 years of experience
- Evidence of commitment to design excellence
- Ability to communicate with appropriate graphic skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign Illustrator), 3D modeling, and hand drawing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a close team environment
- Knowledge of landscape and hardscape materials, applications and construction
- Strong design and organizational skills
- A passion for creativity
- Enthusiasm for the profession with an ability to work independently
We are searching for a designer who is committed to results that are real – buildable and appropriate in their contexts, yet often stretches the boundaries and blurs the line between: intuition and analysis, science and art, building and nature. Someone who is constantly looking to discover the overlooked and undiscovered beauty of a place, and someone who can express that essence in his/her designs.
Landscape Architecture degree is required. Candidates with additional background, experience or education in ecology, natural resources and/or graphic design are encouraged to share details.